ATP Gstaad Winner Outright Tips
Key Stat: Casper Ruud won the title in Gstaad last year
- Ruud has won five titles last season
- The Norwegian played the Roland Garros final earlier this year
- He has also won Geneva on the dirt this season
Casper Ruud returns to Gstaad to defend the last year’s title. The 23-year-old Norwegian is set as the top seed in Switzerland despite slipping in his maiden match last week in Bastad. Nevertheless, Casper lost to the latter champion Francisco Cerundolo last week and it turned out that the talented Norwegian was the only man to claim a set against the red-hot Cerundolo in Sweden.
There is plenty to like about Ruud’s chances for success in Switzerland. First of all, he is a sensational clay court player. He is the current World No 5 and he will have a lot of points to defend here in Gstaad following last season’s title. Casper proved his abilities at Roland Garros where he reached the final (a straight-set loss to Rafael Nadal). He has also played the semifinal in Rome (loss to Novak Djokovic) and he has won Geneva shortly after. We see him as the main favorite for the win here. You can back Ruud to defend his title in Gstaad at the odds of +225.
Key Stat: Cristian Garin has just played the quarterfinal at Wimbledon
- Clay is his favorite surface and we expect him to translate the London form to Gstaad
- The other main contenders for the title in Gstaad are all out of form (apart form Ruud)
- We like the value of the +2000 odds offered for the Chilean clay-court specialist to go all the way in Switzerland
Cristian Garin is undeservedly underestimated by the sportsbooks here. He is not even among the top-five favorites for the outright win in Gstaad despite being one of the one of the best clay court players on the planet. The fact is that the 26-year-old Chilean has not been enjoying the best campaign this year, but he will come to Switzerland encouraged after reaching the quarterfinal at Wimbledon on his by far least favorite surface. The Chilean has shown excellent tennis in London earlier this month and he is ready to shine on his preferred surface this week. You can back Cristian Garin to win outright at the odds of +2000.