ATP Hamburg Winner Outright Tips
Key Stat: Francisco Cerundolo comes to Hamburg on the back of his first ATP title
- The 23-year-old Argentinean looked fantastic last week in Bastad
- He dropped only a single set on the way to the title
- Cerundolo has defeated the likes of Ruud, Karatsev, Carreno-Busta, and Baez along the way
Last week in Bastad was the best week in Francisco Cerundolo’s career by a mile. The 23-year-old Argentinean won his inaugural ATP title by beating his compatriot Sebastian Baez in straight sets in the final. Cerundolo offered amazing tennis in Sweden, beating some phenomenal clay-court players en route to the silverware. Francisco has dropped only a single set on the way to the trophy, and it was at the hands of one of the main contenders and Roland Garros runner-up Casper Ruud in the last 16 round.
Cerundolo saw off Aslan Karatsen, Pablo Carreno-Busta, and Sebastian Baez in the last three matches in Bastad without losing a single set in the process. His confidence is at the highest possible level and we simply have to try and take advantage of the sky-high +3300 odds offered for him to claim the title in Hamburg.
Key Stat: Baez looked great last week in Bastad
- He has eliminated the likes of Thiem and Rublev on the way to the final last week
- Baez has won the Estoril title (clay) in early-May
- The value is big in the +2500 odds offered for his outright win in Hamburg
The other value pick for the title at the ATP 500 event in Hamburg is Bastad’s finalist Sebastian Baez. This Argentinean is two years younger than Cerundolo. He has also shown excellent tennis last week in Sweden, beating the likes of Fabio Fognini, Alejandro Davidovich-Fokina, Dominic Thiem, and Andrey Rublev before falling to Cerundolo in the final. Before the final, Baez has lost just one set in the tournament (the quarterfinal against Thiem). If he manages to get past top seeded Carlos Alcaraz in the potential last 16 round tie here, the 21-year-old Argentinean could easily go all the way. You can back him to win his second ATP title (he won Estoril this year) at the +2500 odds.