BetMGM Sportsbook Review
BetMGM Quick Facts
AZ, CO, DC, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, MS, NJ, NV, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV, OH & WY
Pro & Cons
Up To $1,000 In Bonus Bet
1 - Register & Deposit
New User Bonus. 21+; Valid Only In Selected States; T&Cs Apply.
BetMGM Sportsbook Company Overview
BetMGM results from a joint venture between gaming giant MGM Resorts International and GVC Holdings, operating under the name Roar Digital. It is currently operating in several states that have legalized sports betting like Michigan, Virginia, New Jersey, New York, Indiana, West Virginia, DC, Nevada, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Colorado, Arizona, Mississippi, Louisiana, Illinois and Wyoming. Other states, like Maryland and Ohio, are expected to be launched pretty soon.
The platform’s original name was playMGM, with the sportsbook that started to operate in the summer of 2018. The following year, under the control of Roar Digital, the operator was rebranded to BetMGM. BetMGM offers casino, poker, and sports betting on their online site and app in the states where it is legal. This review will focus on BetMGM Sportsbook and analyze what it has to offer to users, the sports available, and all the most important details that can help bettors decide to sign up with this operator. Also, don’t forget to take advantage of the BetMGM Sportsbook bonus presented on this page when signing up, and take note of the exclusive promo code.
Do I Need To Use A BetMGM Sportsbook Promo Code or Bonus Code?
Yes, to take advantage of the great offer advertised, you need to use the above promo code. Signing up is easy, as all you need to do is click on the exclusive links on this page, and you will be redirected to a new page where you can enter your details. The whole sign up process only takes a couple of minutes, so don’t miss out on the opportunity of taking that extra value by creating an account by clicking on the links on this page.
BetMGM Sportsbook Rewards Program
Players that regularly do their business on the BetMGM platform are entitled to join the MLife program, where users earn points based on their activity. These points can then be redeemed for prizes and awards at the BetMGM app or any MGM properties worldwide. For example, some will give you free or discounted meals, show tickets, hotel stays, etc. It is an excellent way for BetMGM to show its appreciation to loyal customers.
Is BetMGM Safe and Legal?
The short answer is yes. BetMGM is represented by Roar Digital, a joint venture of MGM Resorts International and GVC Holdings. These two are massive companies that have been around for years and are very successful both in their retail and online operations. So they definitely know what they are doing on the legality front, and we can affirm that BetMGM has checked all the right boxes in their expansion to the states that have successfully legalized sports betting in recent years. BetMGM are continuing to expand, but for the time being, they are available in the following states:
- BetMGM Arizona: The launch was in September 2021 just in time for the new NFL season.
- BetMGM Colorado: BetMGM launched in Colorado in May 2020, following a deal made with Midnight Rose Hotel & Casino in Cripple Creek.
- BetMGM DC: Went live in June 2021.
- BetMGM Illinois: Even if sports betting has been legal in Illinois since March 2020, online registration was allowed only from March 2022. That also marked the date that BetMGM became available in Illinois, where it is possible to bet on college sports, but not on Illinois-based NCAA teams.
- BetMGM Indiana: BetMGM launched in The Hoosier State in Feb. 2020 after partnering with Boyd Gaming’s Belterra Casino Resort in Florence.
- BetMGM Iowa: BetMGM Iowa online sportsbook launched on January 4, 2021. They have a partnership with Diamond Jo Casino in Dubuque in the state.
- BetMGM Louisiana: Louisiana legalized online sportsbook on January 28, 2022, and that was the date also for the launch of BetMGM Louisiana. You cannot bet online in Louisiana if you’re in one of these nine parishes Caldwell, Franklin, West Carroll, Catahoula, Jackson, LaSalle, Sabine, Union and Winn.
- BetMGM Michigan: BetMGM was one of the first operators to launch in Michigan in January 2021, thanks to the partnership with MGM Grand Detroit.
- BetMGM Mississippi: BetMGM established its presence in the state in September 2021. In Mississippi, bettors need to complete the registration with BetMGM in person, and all the bets have to be placed in person. There are two MGM casinos in the Magnolia State.
- BetMGM New Jersey: the company made its debut in the Garden State in August 2018 under the name of playMGM. It went live via a partnership with the Borgata Casino in Atlantic City. Since September 2019, the sportsbook has rebranded to BetMGM.
- BetMGM New York: BetMGM, which has been selected as one of the nine operators to have a 10-year license to operate online sportsbooks by the NYGC, opened its virtual doors in NY on January 17, 2021. This was done on the back of a partnership with Empire City Casino in Yonkers.
- BetMGM Pennsylvania: The Pennsylvania launch of the online BetMGM sportsbook happened just before Christmas 2020, with the first wagers accepted on December 17 in the state.
- BetMGM Tennessee: Tennessee legalized online sports betting on Nov. 1, 2020, and BetMGM launched on the exact day. Since there are no casinos in the Volunteer State, the offering is just online and mobile.
- BetMGM Virginia: The offering is online via mobile apps in Virginia, with no retail sportsbooks involved. BetMGM VA made its debut in the state on January 27, 2021.
- BetMGM West Virginia: The BetMGM online and mobile sportsbook launched in the Mountaineer State in Jan. 2020. The license was acquired thanks to a deal with The Greenbrier.
- BetMGM Wyoming: The online-only sportsbook debuted in Wyoming on September 1, 2021.
- BetMGM Washington D.C.: BetMGM received approval to launch in Washington, D.C., in June 2021.
How is the BetMGM DC app works
BetMGM Sportsbook DC has a Class A license, which means it can operate mobile sports betting, but the limitation is that it has to be within a two-block radius of a sport venue. BetMGM has a partnership with Nationals Park, the home of MLB’s Washington Nationals. As a result, a sportsbook location will be placed inside the baseball stadium. In addition, since Nationals Park is a Class A licensee, BetMGM will also be able to offer online sports betting app in a two-block area around the stadium. The DC Lottery has also produced an interactive map where it is possible to see the acceptable zones. Interestingly, there is some overlap between Nationals Park and Audi Field zones, so you might have more than one option if you are situated in the right spot!
Pros Of BetMGM Sportsbook
In addition to being a retail giant operator, the BetMGM app is top-notch. Bettors can benefit from top promotions and live betting opportunities, and innovative features like the Cash Out. If you aren’t familiar with this feature, the Cash Out option allows you to settle a bet in your favour before the event you have wagered on is over. So even if you would need to commit to some profit, you won’t have to worry about what will happen next. Bet MGM has also taken this feature to the next level with the Edit My Bet function. With this function the bettor has even more control over the open bet, as in addition to being able to close it out, you can also add or remove selections, increase the bet size or even swap out the choices you have made previously. Being a BetMGM customer also presents several opportunities for loyalty rewards. MGM’s MLife program allows you to collect points and credits while playing, both on retail and through BetMGM Sportsbook. The scheme is entirely free to join, and your points add up as you wager your bets. Once you have collected a certain number of points, you can redeem these for all types of perks, free things, discounts, free staying at MGM locations, etc.
How to open a new BetMGM Sportsbook Account
Opening a new BetMGM Sportsbook is similar to creating an account for other top online betting providers. After you have clicked on one of the links on this page, you will be taken to a new page where you will see a big button labelled ‘register’. The simple registration process will state as soon as you click on that button. Here you would have to enter several information like:
- Email address
- Date of birth
- User ID
- Last four digits of SSN
- Mobile number
You need to provide the last four digits of your social number because BetMGM, like any other legal US online sportsbook, will need to verify your name, identity, and address. Therefore, it is important to use an email address that you frequently check to take advantage of the offers that BetMGM will send you as a loyal customer. You would also need to confirm that you are 21 years of age or older and legally eligible to play. Once you have completed this quick process, your new account will be ready straight away, and you will have the chance to poke around to see what BetMGM Sportsbook are capable of offering. If you sign up with BetMGM in Mississippi, you would have to visit either Beau Rivage Resort & Casino or Gold Strike Casino to complete the sign-up process.
BetMGM Sports Betting App Review
The BetMGM app is available for both iOS and Android users. Below are some feedback from our experts that have tested the two apps:
- Availability: As soon as you have opened your account via our exclusive links, just visit BetMGM on your mobile browser, and you will get a notification to download the app on your device.
- Speed: BetMGM app loads very quickly, and during our extensive tests, we haven’t found any problems or annoying lags.
- Overall Performance: Even if navigation is a little smoother with some of the other top competitors in the market, we haven’t found any problems with this app which gets a solid positive mark overall.
- Markets: BetMGM distinguishes itself for a great reach of sports. Everything will be available at your fingerprint, from major US sports to niche ones.
- Live Betting: in the BetMGM live betting section, you will find current and upcoming events. The function does work well on mobile, and the experience is very positive.
- Bet Slip: even if the betting slip position might be improved, the function works very well on mobile, so there are no issues to report.
- General Layout: Mobile layout is smooth and functional, and it is even better than the online version.
- Cashier: transacting online via the cashier is very intuitive with everything that has been clearly laid out. There is a good range of options to make deposits and withdrawals.
Regardless of your device, you won’t have a problem finding an appropriate app, as the BetMGM app is available for both iPhone and Android. Firstly, you would need to set up an account by clicking on our exclusive links on this page. Once you have an account, just go to the BetMGM website using the browser on your tablet or smartphone. At this point, you will be notified to download the correct app that fits your device. The whole process will be completed quickly, and you will be able to take advantage of the BetMGM app, which is smooth and functional in the same way as the main website.
All has been optimized to fit the smaller screen, and you can perform the same actions as you can on the browser-based platform. If we compare BetMGM app with the ones of the other top operators, we can see that it is a bit on the plain side. However, if you are looking for a solid app where you can place wagers on mobile, you will be satisfied with it.
BetMGM Sportsbook Browser and Desktop review
As soon as you would have created your account with our exclusive links on this page, you will have the opportunity to explore BetMGM Sportsbook platform. The first thing you will appreciate is that the layout is clean, and there is not too much clutter. BetMGM browser site can be divided into five main areas:
- Top Section: At the top of the main site, in the upper right you will find ‘my account’ information and icons for all the main markets that this operator offers. Here you will find the login button when you visit the site next.
- Main Lobby: The main screen has two parts: a rotating banner at the top and betting options below. The lobby will be populated with the most popular upcoming events. You can also change sports and look for live betting opportunities with only a click.
- Left-Hand Menu: The menu on the left-hand part of the screen is divided into two parts. On top, you’ll see links for promotions in addition to the most popular sports. Below is the complete list of markets available to bet at BetMGM.
- Right-Hand Side: This section is dedicated to the betting slip function. When you click on wagers, these will be added to the ticket that will be displayed in this area. Here you will also find a media player that you can use to play the available live streams.
- Bottom Section: Here you will find several links and additional information about BetMGM. You will also find some links to other properties part of MGM Resorts International’s portfolio.
Overall we can affirm that the site is functional and everything is working as expected. The navigation is fine and intuitive, and you will be able to perform any action very fast and effectively.
How does BetMGM benefit normal bettors?
Casual bettors will be looking for a reliable betting site that makes them feel safe and treat them fairly. BetMGM surely ticks that box, as it is part of MGM Resorts International, a giant in the casino and gaming world. Even if you haven’t used many sports betting sites before, you won’t have a problem orientating yourself with BetMGM desktop and mobile platforms as everything is intuitively laid out. One thing that can be improved is the help section, and also, customer service should have additional support options considering the size of the brand.
How does BetMGM benefit veterans bettors?
Veteran bettors will like the wide range of markets and bet types that a provider like BetMGM can offer. Odds are competitive, and several innovative features give additional control to savvy bettors. Overall, BetMGM is solid on all fronts, with major and niche sports well represented. The betting slip is working well, and there are plenty of options for deposits and withdrawals. Our experts’ cappers have tested the lines for BetMGM in several markets and compared them with the top US sports books and have been pleased with the results. The odds are in line with the general sports betting marketplace and are even slightly more convenient in some instances.
What are the limitations at BetMGM Sportsbook
As you would expect, BetMGM has all the major sports covered. So if you want to wager on a big game, you will have plenty of options with this colossal operator. Likewise, if you like betting on less-popular sports, you will also be pleased with the offering. If some sports or game is not available on BetMGM, it is most likely due to the sportsbook complying with local state regulation. Here is a quick summary of what you won’t find on BetMGM due to local restrictions:
- BetMGM AZ: No prop bets on individual college athletes.
- BetMGM CO: No prop bets on college sports. No betting on high school or eSports.
- BetMGM DC: No significant restrictions here.
- BetMGM IA: No in-game prop bets on in-state college teams.
- BetMGM IL: No betting on Illinois-based college teams or non-sports events. Online signup is now allowed for BetMGM Sportsbook in Illinois.
- BetMGM IN: No betting on eSports or on amateur athletes under 18.
- BetMGM LA: No major betting restrictions, but wagering is restricted in nine Louisiana parishes (Caldwell, Franklin, West Carroll, Catahoula, Jackson, LaSalle, Sabine, Union and Winn) and on some tribal lands.
- BetMGM MI: No major restrictions.
- BetMGM MS: No betting on youth sports. Betting has to be done in person at MGM casino properties.
- BetMGM NJ: No betting on in-state college teams or on NCAA events that are taking place in NJ.
- BetMGM NY: No betting on in-state college teams, college events held in the state or on any awards that are given out via voting, like, for instance, the MVP awards in the NFL and NBA.
- BetMGM TN: No in-play betting on college sporting events.
- BetMGM VA: No betting allowed on in-state college teams.
- BetMGM WV: No wagering on events in which participants are under 18 years of age.
- BetMGM WY: No major betting restrictions.
BetMGM Sportsbook Wagering Types Options
You will be able to place all the most popular bets on BetMGM Sportsbook and live betting opportunities. Here is a look at the different types of bets you can place:
- Money Line: this is the most straightforward type of bet that you will find. It consists in predicting the winner of a contest in which you are backing the favourite or the underdog. Odds on the favourite will be negative (for instance, -110), while the underdogs will have a positive value (for instance, +120).
- Point Spread: point spreads is particularly popular in some sports as it is used by sportsbooks to even out the action, making it more interesting to bet on it. Favorites will have to prevail by several points to ‘cover’ the spread, while the underdog will prevail for this bet type if they can keep the margin under the spread.
- Totals: A totals bet is a bet that focuses on a benchmark of expected points scored in a game. Sportsbooks are setting the line, and bettors have to decide if they think the total points will be ‘Over’ or ‘Under’ the benchmark.
- Prop Bet: Prop bets are available nearly on every major game and event. They are wagers focusing on something that might happen during the game. For instance, a prop bet would be wagering on a specific accomplishment made by a player in the game, like scoring a certain number of points or a touchdown in football.
- Futures: these wagers are placed on something that hasn’t yet happened. Futures wagers can be placed, for instance, on the winner of the World Series or the winner of the Super Bowl.
- Parlays: a parlay bet is a wager where you place two or more games on the same betting slip. They are particularly popular with casual bettors as they give a chance of high returns upfront of a small stake. However, on the flip side, they are risky as you would have to predict all the selections on the ticket correctly to get a return.
Live Betting: also called in-play betting, these are bets that you can place after a match has started. Odds are continuously updated as they reflect what is happening in real time. There are not the same number of betting options as pre-match, but all the major bets types are covered, and they continue to grow in popularity.
Sports you can wager on at BetMGM Sportsbook
All the main US sports are well represented at BetMGM, and you will also find some niche events covered if you are looking for something a bit different. Below is a list of the current markets available with this operator:
- Australian Rules Football
- Formula 1
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
Regardless of whether you are a bettor solely concentrated on top sports with huge followings or if you are a niche bettor looking to wager on less-popular disciplines, BetMGM will work well for you.
BetMGM Sportsbook Odds Boosts
Odds boosts are special promotions in which a sportsbook kicks the odds up a notch. The boost allows users to get better returns if the wager is a winning one. Usually, odds boosts are offered on things like individual big games, prop bets or some selected parlays. BetMGM offers that have odds boosts are located at the top of the main website and are recognizable by a special icon. When clicking on this area, the top part of the lobby will become populated with the current, and upcoming odds boosts offers. Additionally, you will find odds boosts advertised on the rotating banner in the main lobby. Odds boosts are only some of the promotions offered by BetMGM to existing customers. You will generally find others advertised in the banner ad, and below we have provided some examples of the type of promotions that have been recently available:
- Money Monday Club: with this promotion you can place $50 in qualifying bets in one week and get a free $10 wager the following Monday.
- Free Bets up to $100: To qualify for this promotion, you must wager on a live basketball match Tuesday through Saturday. You will get a free bet that scales based on how much you play and it is up to $100.
- Overtime Insurance: If you lose a bet on an NFL game in overtime, BetMGM will give you a free bet up to $25.
- Parlay Insurance: when you place a five-team parlay wager and miss out because a leg lets you down, you will get a refund of up to $25.
Generally, we can say that BetMGM Sportsbook are particularly active with ongoing promotions, and you won’t have to search for long time to find them either on their website or mobile app.
How BetMGM Compare against FanDuel?
We have found that BetMGM are on point with the general market consensus on several games and events. Looking at the prices of BetMGM and comparing these with FanDuel we can see that there isn’t a significant difference in the main markets across all the popular sports like the NFL. All in all, we can say that BetMGM odds are very competitive, and despite it is always a good practice to show around for the best prices, you would be pleased to hear that BetMGM are very much one of the best sportsbooks when it comes to value.
How to deposit and cash out winnings with BetMGM?
On the website, you will find the cashier function on the upper right-hand side of your account. You will access the cashier via the expandable menu in the mobile app. Both versions are very smooth and easy to use, and you will be presented with several options for transacting in and out of your BetMGM Sportsbook account.
- Bank transfer
- Credit cards (Mastercard, Visa or American Express)
- VIP preferred
- Cash at the land-based casino partner’s cage
Some of the payment methods listed here are only good for deposits, like credit cards. However, other options like PayPal will work both to fund your account and make withdrawals. So, overall, you will have an excellent selection, which is undoubtedly in line with the top competitors.
How to contact BetMGM Customer Support?
BetMGM provides several options to contact customer support. However, you would need to do some digging on the website to find the contact us, as it is not available at the bottom of the page, like most operators. After clicking on the help section, you will need to answer a few questions before being able to move forward. You will then find additional help from there. Many answers can be found in the FAQs, but if you need more help, you will have three different ways to contact BetMGM.
- Live chat
To start the live chat, you would need to enter your name and email, and you will be able to engage with a live rep that will help you resolve any issue you might have. You can also contact BetMGM via email, or you can call them at 1-609-248-9531.
As you can see, BetMGM are offering a pretty good set of options, with live chat and phone support that are particularly efficient in resolving quick any problems.
BetMGM and Sponsorships
BetMGM has invested heavily in expanding its brand in the US. Part of their strategy is to also sponsor major leagues with deals that span across the:
BetMGM also has sponsorship deals with the following NFL teams:
- Denver Broncos
- Detroit Lions
- Las Vegas Raiders
- New York Jets
- Tennessee Titans
With the NFL, which is the biggest wager on sport in the US, BetMGM is doing a great job ensuring that its brand is in front of fans’ minds when big games are around. We expect that this strategy will continue as BetMGM expands in new states.
PlayMGM made its debut in 2017 by offering casino and poker games. In 2018, sports betting was also added in New Jersey. In 2019, Roar Holdings was formed on the back of a partnership between MGM Resorts International and GVC Holdings. As part of this change, playMGM was rebranded to BetMGN. After launching in Nevada, the sportsbook has also been expanded in the additional states:
- West Virginia, January 2020
- Indiana, February 2020
- Colorado, May 2020
- Tennessee, November 2020
- Pennsylvania, December 2020
- Iowa, January 2021
- Michigan, January 2021
- Virginia, January 2021
- Washington DC, June 2021
- Arizona, September 2021
- Mississippi, September 2021
- Wyoming, September 2021
- New York, January 2022
- Louisiana, January 2022
- Illinois, March 2022
BetMGM has clear ambitions of becoming one of the top sports betting operators in the US. The company has invested heavily in all markets they have entered so far and is likely to enter additional states very soon. The company has a tremendous experience behind it and has a chance to dominate the online sports betting market in the future.
Up To $1,000 In Bonus Bet
1 - Register & Deposit
New User Bonus. 21+; Valid Only In Selected States; T&Cs Apply.