Kent State Golden Flashes vs Oklahoma Sooners Predictions
Key Stat: Oklahoma Sooners have one of the most explosive offensive lines in the league
- Hosts started the brand new season with a comfortable 45-13 victory against UTEP Miners
- Their fans are expecting even better performance against the underdogs this Saturday
- Golden Flashes were easily defeated by Washington in round one
Oklahoma Sooners have opened the brand new NCAA season with a blast last week. They completely outplayed UTEP Miners and earned a comfortable victory. Once again, they will be making appearance at the Memorial Stadium in front of the home crowd. This time Kent State will be their opponents. Can Golden Flashes cause an upset here or at least make the hosts work hard?
Kent State had rough season opening. They were defeated by Washington 45-20 last week, and QB Collin Schlee has to deliver much better numbers so team can hope for some wins. He had 50% pass completion rate in round one for total of 178 yards, one TD and two interceptions. Back line allowed 525 yards to the opposition, so things might get even tougher this weekend against Oklahoma.
There were no previous head to head encounters between these two sides. Despite the convincing loss, Golden Flashes managed to score twenty points last weekend. Oklahoma outplayed UTEP 45 to 13. Kent State is about to face offense much better than Washington’s, so we are going with home win in –32.5 spread.
Key Stat: Recent stats are saying that the given line is way too high considering the numbers
- Oklahoma Sooners are big favorites to win, but can they score 50+ points?
- They scored over fifty in just two out of the last ten league games
- We are not expecting much from the Flashes offensively
As for the secondary selection, we are definitely going with Under 72.5 line which is absurdly high. Kent are hardly going to claim a lot of touchdowns on Saturday, while Oklahoma rarely scores over 50 points – they have done so in just two out of the last ten NCAA appearances.
Bonus Offer For Virginia
The Best Sportsbook Bonuses By State
Click on the button below to find the best sportsbooks bonuses available in your state: