MLB Top 2 Best Bets Today Predictions
Key Stat: The Pirates are at the very foot of the NL Central standings
- Pittsburgh will come into this off the back of a four-loss thread
- The Mets are just one win above the Braves atop the NL East ladder
- The Mets can ill afford slip-ups against the teams of Pittsburgh’s pedigree, especially with strong pitching options at disposal
Pittsburgh Pirates and New York Mets will only start their three-game series tonight instead of Monday as rain postponed their opening game last night. The two teams will thus play each other twice on Wednesday which only adds on the significance of Tuesday’s Game 1 clash at PNC Park.
The Mets head into the match as huge favorites as pretty much everything speaks in their favor going into the tie. The NY outfit are second in the National League standings with a 85-50 record. They are just one win above reigning champions Atlanta Braves at the top of the NL East standings, though, meaning they can ill afford slip-ups against the struggling sides such as Pittsburgh Pirates. The Pirates are at the very foot of the NL Central ladder with a 49-84 record. They do not have much to hope for here against the Mets, especially while going into the game off the back of a four-game slide. This should be a one-way street all the way for the Mets who are well worth backing to win in -2.5 run line at the +128 odds.
Key Stat: NY Mets will be additionally motivated after two horrendous displays against the likes of Washington Nationals
- The NY batters should not have a tough task against Mitch Keller tonight
- Keller is 4-10 this season for the Pirates
- The Mets have scored seven runs in each of the last two head to head games against Pittsburgh
Mitch Keller will start the match for Pittsburgh tonight. This fact does not quite promise success for the home teams’ fans. Keller is 4-10 this season with a 4-43 ERA and a 1.46 WHIP. He will be up against a very strong group of New York Mets’ batters, led by Pete Alonso and Jeff McNeil who have been particularly inspired of late. The Mets have scored seven runs in each of the last two head to head games against the Pirates. We will back them to get more than five tonight at the +115 odds.
Bonus Offer For Virginia
The Best Sportsbook Bonuses By State
Click on the button below to find the best sportsbooks bonuses available in your state: