New Orleans Saints vs. Atlanta Falcons Predictions
Key Stat: The Saints will absolutely trounce the Falcons
- Jameis Winston is back healthy and a new trio of receivers will give this attack new dynamism
- The Falcons might be the worst team in the league
- The Saints are used to play in domes, so the home field advantage won’t be much of a factor
Every year, we look at some of the moves made by the Saints and we wonder how they’re going to fit it into the cap… except that they always find a way. Starting another season, their first without Sean Payton at the helm since 2006, there are some good expectations for them; the same can’t be said of the Falcons, who might be the worst team in the league with a dreadful offense and without Matt Ryan to mitigate most of the offensive issues.
The -5.5 spread seems to be a bit low for New Orleans here. They have a plethora of options to help Jameis Winston ease into the start position and he’s 100% healthy after his injury last year. This offense is going to score a lot of points against a Falcons defense that lacks talent on every level. Don’t count on Atlanta to put much of a fight with Marcus Mariota as the starter quarterback and only Kyle Pitts as a real aerial receiver. New Orleans should win by more than one possession.
Key Stat: The Falcons only score against weak teams
- The Saints have one of the best defenses in the league
- Marcus Mariota hasn’t been an NFL Week 1 starter since the 2019 season.
- New Orleans can drive down the field with consistency but they lack big play threats
The Over/Under line for this match is set at 43 points which is a fair line – it’s low for NFL standards but it’s still a bit high for this game. We can’t trust the Falcons to score at all – Mariota does not give much confidence, their weapons are really weak except for Kyle Pitts and their offensive line is going to suffer against the Saints’ pass rush. While New Orleans should dominate this game and consistently go past the 50-yard line, they don’t have many big play threats to light up the scoreboard.
Bonus Offer For Virginia
The Best Sportsbook Bonuses By State
Click on the button below to find the best sportsbooks bonuses available in your state: