3M Open Predictions
The PGA Tour is heading to Minnesota this week, and our golf experts have reviewed this event and come up with their best bets for the action at TPC Twin Cities.
Key Stat: Adam Svensson is ranking 46th for SG: Approach this season
- Svensson was 3rd in this metric when he finished tied 6th at the Barbasol Championship
- He was in the top 25 at the John Deere Classic, Travelers Championship and Canadian Open
- He finished tied 15th on his only appearance in 2019 here
The PGA Tour season is progressing very fast, and after the Open Championship there are only three more regular season tournaments left, before the attention will be on the FedEx Cup Play-offs. This week’s main wager is Adam Svensson. The Canadian is ranking 46th for SG: Approach this season. He was 3rd in this metric when he finished tied 6th at the Barbasol Championship last time seen and generally has been in very good form recently. He was in the top 25 at the John Deere Classic, Travelers Championship and Canadian Open. This course should suit him well as he finished tied 15th on his only appearance in 2019. We believe he can improve on that, and there is good value in backing him at this high price.
Key Stat: Chris Gotterup was tied sixth in the John Deere Classic
- Chris Gotterup is the nation’s top collegiate golfer
- He finished 7th in the Puerto Rico Open back in March, in what was his first appearance on the PGA Tour
- Driving Distance stats are solid, despite being based on small data
Our second option for this week is Chris Gotterup, who ended tied sixth in the John Deere Classic, and looks capable of being in contention after resting a couple of weeks. The talented nation’s top collegiate golfer was 7th in the Puerto Rico Open back in March, with that result that was particularly impressive since it marked his first appearance on the PGA Tour.
He might not have what it takes to go all the way here, but if he can keep focused, he could well cause an upset as his Driving Distance stats are solid, despite being based on small data. After missing the cut at the Barbasol, he will be motivated to bounce back, and there are all the conditions for him to do so. Worth a shot at this huge price for sure.