Pittsburgh Steelers vs Cincinnati Bengals Predictions
Key Stat: The Bengals swept the Steelers last season
- Cincinnati won the previous head to head meeting 41-10
- Joe Burrow did not even throw more than 200 yards in either of his team’s two wins over Pittsburgh last season
- The Bengals are now even more dangerous offensively
Cincinnati Bengals will enter the 2022 NFL campaign with the highest ambitions after playing the Super Bowl last year. The Bengals have kept the core of the last season’s team and made the right side of offense stronger with the additions of La’el Collins and Alex Cappa. Joe Burrow thus now has even more options to rely on and we can’t see how the team will look like in Week.
The Bengals could have hardly asked for a better opponent for the opening game of the season. They will play in front of the home fans against the AFC North rival Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday afternoon. The Bengals have managed to sweep the Steelers for the first time since 2009 last year. The sweep includes a demolishing 41-10 victory in the previous encounter. What is even more frightening than this result is the fact that Joe Burrow did not even throw for more than 200 yards in either of these victories. Jose has established himself as a formidable force in the league last season when he took this team to the Super Bowl. We can hardly see the Steelers shifting their fortunes around in this matchup and we will go with the hosts to win in -6.5 point spread at the -110 odds.
Key Stat: The Bengals now have even stronger offensive line with the additions of Cappa and Collins
- The Steelers should also offer more on the offensive end with Mitch Trubisky under the center
- This is the first game of the season for both teams but we still see the O/U line a bit lower than it should be
- Pittsburgh scored only 10 points in each of the last season’s two clashes against the Bengals, but they should be able to get more here with Trubisky as the quarterback
The Bengals scored 41 points past the Steelers in the previous head to head affair. They are even stronger offensively this season with the additions of Cappa and Collins. Also, we don’t expect Pittsburgh to score only 10 points here with Mitch Trubisky behind the center. Trubisky is much more mobile quarterback than his predecessor and he should be able to evade the Bengals’ pass rushers. This should result in fewer sacks and potentially more promising positions for the Steelers’ offense at Paycor Stadium. Overall, we find this line somewhat lower than expected and we will back the Over 44.5 points in the match at the -110 odds.
Bonus Offer For Virginia
The Best Sportsbook Bonuses By State
Click on the button below to find the best sportsbooks bonuses available in your state: